What Is Scrip?
Scrip is a term that means “substitute money”. When you purchase scrip, you’re purchasing prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use scrip to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, and other essentials, and with every purchase, you earn money for our school.
How scrip generates money for LCCS
The Great Lakes Scrip Center acts on behalf of churches, schools and other non‑profit organizations to purchase large amounts of scrip from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the scrip is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount, from two to fifteen percent or more. LCCS buys the scrip from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a discount, and re-sells the certificates for full face value. LCCS profits as a result of the discount that retailers give to the school for each purchase. Earnings will be split 50% to Lancaster County Christian School and 50% to individual tuition accounts.
Scrip is "shopping cart fundraising”
Scrip is a quick and simple fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything. By using Scrip to purchase things you normally buy, our school makes money. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts, even gasoline can be purchased with Scrip.
How to Begin
Getting started only takes a minute or two. Here are easy step-by-step directions:
- First you must create an account at ShopWithScrip.com and identify yourself as a member of our organization.
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com. Enter the orange Member’s Login box on the right side and click “Not a member? Click Here”
- Follow the simple registration instructions and accept the terms and conditions of using the site.
- The next screen you will see is called “join an organization”.
- Insert LCCS’s enrollment code: 3A6FA71C14942.
- From this site, you can check your account activity, change your profile and password and read coordinator and site announcements.
- Click “Order Scrip” at the top of any page.
- Go shopping at the hundreds of retailers included in the program.
- Select items and quantities and press “add to cart”.
- Print the “order confirmation page”.
The following items need to be included to submit your order by 8:30 on the first Friday of each month.
- Order confirmation page
- Check for the amount ordered, made payable to Lancaster County Christian School
- Scrip Enrollment Form and Waiver (with first order only) Download form here
Indicate on your Enrollment Form as to whether your child is permitted to bring your
order home or if you would like to personally pick them up.
Please contact Diane Glick at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.