Lancaster County Christian School offers an alternative solution for parents desiring both the gift of time with their children and the services of a Christian school for the 2014-2015 school year! This additional and cost-effective program is called the University-Model School®
(UMS), and it opened at the LCCS West Lampeter Campus in the fall of 2012. Sharing the mission of Living Education at LCCS, the University-Model School®
was developed to preserve and strengthen the God-ordained family relationship and achieve a high degree of academic excellence.
program highlights include:
- 180-day schedule combining the central (at school) and satellite (at home) classrooms
- Instruction and instructional activities directed by the school’s teacher and curriculum
- Students (K-10) meet 2-3 days in the central classroom and 2-3 days in the satellite classroom
- The UMS will expand to secondary (9-12) over the next four years and will utilize a university-style schedule
- Tuition is 40-60% less than traditional tuition
- The model is accredited by a variety of accrediting agencies around the country
- LCCS is a transitioning member of National Association of University-Model Schools® (NAUMS; www.naums.net)
- LCCS is the first NAUMS school in PA; NAUMS has 58 schools in 20 states. In addition, there are 15 developing UMS schools.
LCCS offers both traditional and University-Model School®
options to families by adding a UMS K-10 offering to its current programs. Over five years, LCCS plans to expand the UMS to a K-12 option alongside its Pre-K-12 traditional model.
Program alignment by campus for 2014-2015 school year:
- Leola Campus: Traditional Campus Pre-Kindergarten - 12
- West Lampeter Campus: University-Model School® K-10